The hardest part of coming up with recipes, for me at least, isn’t actually finding inspiration or figuring out new and exciting flavor combinations. Rather, the most difficult part can sometimes be coming up with a name for the deliciousness. For this recipe, I couldn’t necessarily call it a mayonnaise-tofu-scramble-tomato-avocado-and-paprika-sandwich, now could I? That would certainly be a mouthful. Speaking of mouthfuls….
NOT YO MOMMA'S EGGY SANDWICH
- 1/4 package firm tofu
- 3 pieces of bread 3rd piece is optional, but totally recommended
- 1 tbsp Vegan mayonnaise I used Vegannaise
- 1/2 avocado
- Cherry tomatoes
- Use a fork to mash the tofu. It should be about the same texture as scrambled eggs.
- Heat a skillet over medium high and spray lightly with cooking spray to prevent sticking.
- Once the pan is heated, cook the scrambled tofu for 3 minutes.
- Add turmeric and stir, cooking for two more minutes. The turmeric is more for color than flavor, so only use enough to make your tofu appear "eggy".
- While the tofu cooks, take two of your pieces of bread and spread mayonnaise on top of the slice. I don't want to give a measurement here because the amount of mayonnaise you want is a preference, but for reference I used about 1 teaspoon per slice of bread.
- Once the tofu has finished cooking, place half of it on each piece of bread that already has the mayonnaise.
- On top of this, add paprika, cherry tomatoes, and mashed avocado. My layers were bread, mayonnaise, tofu, paprika, tomatoes, avocado, repeat, and top with the last piece of bread.
Let me know if you try this. If you do, comment below or tag your picture #heybrittney on social media so that I can see your creation!