I live for Taco Tuesdays, but if you choose to have these on any other day of the week, I won’t tell.
SALSA VERDE BEER TEMPEH
- 1 lb tempeh
- 2 cups salsa verde store bought is fine, bonus points if you make your own
- 12 oz beer I chose a wheat beer from our local Kansas City brewery
- 1 tbsp cumin
- Optional: tortillas guacamole, peppers, onion, cilantro
- Chop your tempeh into 1 inch cubes and place them in the bottom of your slow cooker
- Top with salsa verde, beer, and cumin. Stir to incorporate.
- Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 7-8. Make sure to monitor the meal towards the end of the cook time as most of the liquid will have cooked out and you don't want your tempeh to burn.
This recipe was adapted from Gimme Some Oven's Salsa Verde Beer Chicken.