A simple 5-ingredient meal that takes less than five minutes to prepare and both satisfies my sweet tooth and keeps me feeling full? I’ll take it. I’ve kind of taken my foot off the gas when it comes to recipe creating as I get close to my competition because:
- It’s just too close to have to deal with recipes that don’t work and having to wing it. I don’t do the best job staying on track when I’m “winging it”, so it’s easier for me to stick with what I know and…
- most of my recipe creations aren’t exactly meal plan approved or macro friendly, haha. If you were to look at my current recipe inspiration document, I’d guess at least 50% of the recipes are vegan cheesecakes. Sorry I’m not sorry.
Blueberry Muffin Overnight Oats
- 3 cups blueberries (fresh or thawed)
- 3 cups nondairy milk of choice (I used unsweetened vanilla almond)
- 3 servings stevia
- 1.5 cups old fashioned oatmeal
- zest of one lemon
Add blueberries, nondairy milk, and stevia to a blender and pulse. You still want your blueberries to be a little chunky so that you have a bit of a bite in your oatmeal. You can also start with less milk and add more if needed. This is completely based on personal preference, but you can see I like mine with quite a bit of liquid.
Divide mixture evenly between three mason jars (or whatever container you have on hand).
Add 1/2 cup of oatmeal to each serving
Divide the lemon zest evenly amongst the containers
Store for at least an hour and up to five days in the fridge before eating. You can either enjoy it cold or do as I do and heat it for 30 second or so.